Saturday 8 January 2011

Hello All!

I'm finally getting around to starting my blog today. I've been really busy since we flew in to Heathrow this Thursday. I didn't have a phone or internet for the first few days. I also didn't have an alarm or watch so waking up was incredibly difficult. I missed registration and have to go in on Monday to work everything out.

Today we went into central London for a photo scavenger hunt. I saw the London Eye, which was broken, and walked down the Thames to see Parliament and Big Ben. We also saw Westminister Abbey, Trafalgar Square and Picadilly Circus. Some of the tube system was under construction so it was a little more difficult navigating the London Underground.

I haven't been able to find real coffee anywhere. Even shops that claim to be coffee shops ONLY have an espresso machine. I guess that's all they drink here. I keep asking for black or plain filtered coffe and they continue to give me an americano. It is definitely not the same. So today I found a Starbucks for some good ole American coffee.

We ended our walk about at the International Student's House which has a bar just for internationals. You can also board there and they have discounted tickets for attractions and trips. It was a really exhausting afternoon.

No pictures this time. I wanted to keep myself from getting stuck behind the camera the first time I went into London. Now that I've gotten a chance to take it all in, I'd really like to capture some of the beautiful architecture around here.

So thanks for reading and follow the blog for updates!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment