Thursday 13 January 2011

Classes

I finally finished registering for classes- Roehampton really gave me the run-around for the whole process. Extremely inefficient organization. Either way I am enrolled in three classes which only meet once a week. My "Non-Fiction Writing for Journalism" class is on Mondays and my two drama classes, "Modernism, Performance and the Avant-Garde" and "Post-modernism and Performance" are on Thursdays. The classes are more or less lecture based with a lot of seminar as well. The grading process is very different here. Most of my class' grades will be based entirely on one or two assignments and the final exam. I'm really excited about the classes here. It feels much more intellectually stimulating than most classes I've taken before. Education has very different values here and I think I can learn to appreciate that. Oh, also the grading system is set with an %80 being a high A. I think I can muster a 'pass'. Since that's all that I will need to receive credit at Greensboro College.

No comments:

Post a Comment